Home

Friday, November 25, 2011

November Daily Thankfulness

November 24th and 25th

Since I am away from home right now, celebrating the Thanksgiving weekend with my sister in Oregon, my Internet access is limited. 

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and we had just a small group to celebrate, me, my sister Lou, my hubby Bill and son Henry. Though we were a small group, we had a big meal. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans (but not the yucky green bean casserole, sorry if you like it), cranberries and pumpkin pie for dessert. Champagne and cider to top off the meal.

I was so thankful for my family there, but missed my two older sons, Daniel and Ben. Daniel was at his girl friends as he could not travel to Oregon with us and Ben had to work. Ben thankfully had a holiday meal with all his co-workers, so he got to celebrate too.

It is hard now that my boys are growing older and not always with us to celebrate every holiday. But they have grown into wonderful young men who have never given us any serious trouble and avoided so many of the trials that teens go through. They make us proud!

Today we will all be shopping, but hitting all the "fun" stores and avoiding the big "Black Friday"
crowds at the mall and big box stores.
I am thankful today for shopping in Oregon, no sales tax!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!