Home

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can-O-Tags

While out shopping in November and checking out the new holiday decor I found this "Can-O-Tags" at Target. 50 Chipboard tags with with ribbon ties in a can for $5. Some are plain, others have greetings. Seven different sizes and colors. They were cute as is, but being the crafty girl I am, I knew I could some glitter, stamping, punches and more I could make them mine.


The "plain" tags.


The snowflake tag is below with a few embellishments. Two heat embossed stamped trees, a twisted music paper rose misted with pink spray mist and a vintage velvet leaf. A pre-made puffy sticker, a cute fussy cut snow couple and two pre-made chipboard  shapes.

To the silver circles I added some punched snowflakes with rhinestone centers,
a sticker & chipboard house.

The Merry Christmas was already printed on these tags. I added a little plastic gift charm to one, a Santa image cut from paper and others with decorated with glitter glue and rhinestones.

This tag came already printed with Happy Holidays. I added a puffy pre-made sticker to one, embossed and punched paper birds to two others. An embossed die cut ornament and another with a paper poinsettia made from punched leaves. 
And three glitter paper punched reindeer with red glitter glue noses. 

The green circles were embellished with a stamped and colored snowman image. I cut Santa hats from red glitter paper, felt ribbon and a pom-pom. I die cut a red "joy" and dotted the "I" with a rhinestone.

I added a red felt poinsettia to one silver tag. A die cut pair of mittens to another. A paper Santa image edged like a postage stamp to the third.
A four got little button snowmen with black glitter paper top hats.

The red scalloped tags got some stamped trees, a big glittery star and two vintage paper images.
And two have little velvet paper gingerbread men with candy canes.

And I couldn't let the little can go to waste. It now will be a cute little can filled with homemade 
hot cocoa mix ready to gift. I wrapped the can with some holiday paper from Stampin' Up and a steaming cup of cocoa cut with my Cricut. 

I stamped to and from on the back of all the tags. 
All of the embellishments were added from my stash, so all 50 fancy tags cost just $5 and my time. 

Now I just need to buy and wrap my gifts and I am set! 

Any ??'s about the stamps, punches and papers I used, let me know. 

Thanks for looking!

A
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I like them all. It looks like it was fun embellishing! And then you decorated the container

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!