Home

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Little Scrapping and a Few Scrappy Cards


I have not posted any scrap pages in awhile, and since I just finished a few pages I thought I would post them along with a few of my other recent pages. I have a few cards at the end, 
made using my layout scraps. 


This first lay out is about our chickens. They have been busy this spring laying eggs, so we have cooked up lots of dishes to use them up. Creme Brulee, Tapioca Pudding, Lemon Meringue Pie, Quiche, Devilled Eggs, scrambled eggs, and fried eggs. Some of the girls really get cackling when they lay an egg! All pattern papers are Basic Grey.


This layout is about Father's Day, and my son's taking over the grilling duties for dad! A mix of pattern papers, mostly scraps! Crate Paper, Sassafras.


The next three layouts are made from an older paper line from SEI, Dill Blossom.
I love this paper line!
Both layouts are from my trip to Southern California with my sister Lou. The first layout is about the girls day out shopping with my sister and my niece Jennifer. We checked out some great decor stores that day.
And topped it off with a nice lunch in Laguna Beach.


I have been to many of the California Missions, but this trip was the first time to Mission Santa Barbara. In fact my first trip to actually stop in Santa Barbara. I had been through SB many times on the way north and south, but never had actually stopped to see the town or mission.


I had lots of photos of the mission and decided one, two page layout was not enough, so I also made another two pages to hold all the paper and journaling.
 
After I finished these two layouts, I took some of my scraps already on the table and
made these three cards.


The first was cut from a solid piece of the Dill blossom paper. I punched one edge of the card with a Fiskars punch.and added these fussy cut flowers, cut from more of the paper.  The "Hello" sentiment is from Stampin' Up.


The second card uses more fussy cut leaves from the Dill Blossom papers, and I stamped a Close to My Heart sentiment stamp and punched it out with a Stampin' Up label punch.


The last card uses more scraps from Dill Blossom, a border punch from Martha Stewart and a stamp from Autumn Leaves. I colored in the stamp image with color pencils and cut and framed the image with a  Spellbinders die.

Thanks for checking out my lastest craftyness!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Love your cards and layouts! We have chickens too and I have taken pics but have not made a scrapbook page about them yet. That rooster looks almost exactly like our Easter Egger roo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for your comment on my blog! looks like you've been hard at work crafting!! love all the great papers, and my fav is the Laguna Beach LO with the bright fun colors :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!