Home

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter Wishes

Now that the Christmas season is over, even though my Christmas tree is still up,
I have taken down most of my holiday decorations.

One of the holiday decorations I have for every holiday or season is my Holiday Collage. I have a 12x12 scrapbook shadow box frame that I bought at Michael's.
Each new holiday or season gets a collage.

I wanted to take down my Christmas collage but was not ready to put up my Valentines collage, so I made this "Winter" collage. A snow and New Years theme. I got the idea for a holiday collage from my friend Jenny. She has a frame she changes out each holiday and when she made hers, she inspired a bunch of her crafty friends to make holiday collages of their own.


I went through my stash of crafty/scrappy supplies and put together a big pile of stuff to work with. All   the papers have a blue/teal color range. Lots of glitter papers too.

I used a clip art of a 1907 New Years card and a little card board ornament of a cherub that I have had in my stash for over 25 years for my "New Years" part of the collage.

The Bingo card is from October Afternoon and the little snowmen are left
overs from my snow globe project.
The white deer is from Martha Stewart, I covered it in glitter.
The glitter trees, bird and house are cut from Sizzix dies.
The felt snowflakes are from Stampin' Up. I layered the snowflakes and added rhinestone/pearl brads from Michael's in the centers.
"Snow" is cut from my Cricut and "Day" are Making Memories letter stickers.
The "winter wonderland" cut out is from My Minds Eye.
The little cameo is from Websters pages and the silver star is an ornament from Target.





Because my scrapbook frame is also a shadow box I could use some very dimensional elements like my snowmen on the Bingo card. I just had to trim a little from the backs so they would lay flat. 

Lots of glitter glue, pearls and glitter added sparkle to the collage.
Below the collage in the frame. 



I have made a collage for every season and will share them all as I change out the frame.

Now to put away all the stuff I pulled out to make the collage :)

Thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I think that collage is to die for! I loved the colors, the glitter, everything! Love Penny
    http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous - love the blue on blue!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!